Apr 8, 2013

The work placement emails/requests have been sent off

I have applied to the following places:
  • Rocksound magazine, via an email to the editor.
  • Kerrang! magazine, through a website called GoThinkBig. I also tried to apply for Zoo there, but the dates didn't fit in with my university timetable. For this I had to upload my CV, a cover letter and write a personal 100 word statement as to why I'd be best for the experience.
  • The website above also lists FHM, but nothing came up when I searched work experience opportunities. I have emailed someone to do with advertising just to make sure if this is the case.
  • Front magazine, via an email to their general enquiries team.
  • Outline magazine, via and email to their editor. I have stated that I'm available to cover both Norwich and Cambridge.
  • Norwich UEA box office via email, asking if they can forward me to someone else who may know a bit more about gig photography. I have stated I am willing to photograph any band at the UEA LCR, Waterfront, Waterfront Studio and Arts Centre.
  • Cosmopolitan, via an email to a specific lady who deals with work experience requests.
  • Savills estate agents, via a contact section on their website. I have sent the same email to the Norwich, Ipswich and Cambridge branches.

  • Durrants auction house in my local town, via email.
  • Esquire magazine, via an email to someone who specifically deals with work experience requests.
I am still in two minds whether to contact actual photographers, because even though it would be great experience I'm not sure whether I want to photograph/assist for a living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment