Apr 15, 2013

Correspondence with: Durrants Auction Rooms

My original email:

Dear Sir/Madam, 

I am writing to enquire whether Durrants Auction House offer work experience for the summer of 2013. I am 20 years old, and am currently in my second year, studying photography at University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich. I have always been interested in auction houses and the quirky and vintage antiques. I was wondering whether you employed a photographer to document the items you're selling – to be put on websites/in brochures, and if not, whether this is something you would consider. I would be interested in shadowing any one who uses photography or catalogues items. Any amount of days work experience would be great – and I can assure you, I'm very good at making cups of tea and coffee.

If you wish to see some of my photographic work please see my website www.srichesphotography.weebly.com, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me. 

Thank you for reading.

Yours sincerely,
Scarlett Riches

Their reply:

Scarlett,

Thank-you for your e-mail regarding your request for work experience. 

Could you please advise as to what dates you will be available as we may be interested in taking you up on your offer!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Bev Baker

My reply:

Dear Bev,

Thank you for replying so quickly!
I would be available for work experience any time during the summer holidays - probably towards the end of June and through into July. There are no particular set dates, so if there are ones that are more convenient to you I'm sure I can fit around them. If you would like to speak to me in person I'm happy to pop in to the auction house too.

Many thanks,

Scarlett Riches

No comments:

Post a Comment