Apr 15, 2013

Correspondence with: Cosmopolitan Magazine

My original email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to enquire whether Cosmopolitan will be offering work placements in the summer of 2013. I am 20 years old, and am currently in my second year, studying photography at University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich. Cosmopolitan is one of my favourite magazines on the market – combining fashion, beauty, advice and a section for students like myself. I am passionate about the fashion industry but also like writing, and photography. My favourite designers include Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen, however due to a students budget vintage clothing has become my 'thing'. Thrifting is one of my favourite past times. I would be interested in shadowing anyone who writes or  photographs for you, and get an insight into the industry which I dream to be a part of. Any amount of days work experience would be incredible – and I can assure you, I'm very good at making cups of tea and coffee.

If you wish to see some of my photographic work please see my website www.srichesphotography.weebly.com, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get back to me. 

Thank you for reading.

Yours sincerely,

Scarlett Riches

Their response:

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding Work Experience at Cosmopolitan Magazine. Cosmopolitan is inundated with requests for work experience.

Our placements are booked ahead for up to a year. We do take the time to read the letters and accompanying CVs so if we believe you are a suitable candidate for a placement, we will be in touch.

Our placements last for four week periods, and only one placement may take place in any 12 month period across Hearst Magazines UK group of magazines. Please note you must be 18 years or over in order to apply for work experience which is due to Employment Law. You must be eligible to work in the UK and have a valid National Insurance number.

May I suggest you check for other opportunities on the Hearst Magazines UK website at www.hearst.co.uk?

Kind regards,

Rebecca Stening
Editorial Business Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment